The European Investment Bank (EIB) is offering work experience for young graduates from the Eastern Partnership countries under its new Internship Programme for the region.
The goal of the Programme is to offer successful candidates an opportunity to improve their skills as well as the experience of working in an international multicultural environment.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- be a national of an Eastern Partnership Country (Azerbaijan – subject to Framework Agreement signature -, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine);
- hold a degree from or be in the last year of a university programme in an Eastern Partnership Country;
- be proficient in English and/or French; knowledge of other East European languages will be considered as an advantage;
- have demonstrated an ability to conduct analytical work, to exercise good judgement and to work as part of a team;
- some work experience will be considered as an advantage (usually no more than two years).
The Programme seeks candidates specialising in a field relevant to international investment and development banking, such as finance (in particular project finance, SME financing, credit and risk analysis) or economics (micro/macroeconomics, statistics, job market analysis), as well as the environment, engineering (ports, roads, energy, etc.) or urban planning.
All interns will receive a monthly stipend, insurance and travel costs. Interns will be responsible for their own accommodation costs.
Each successful candidate commits to a minimum of three months and a maximum of 12 months in the Programme, to be spent at the EIB Headquarters in Luxembourg or at one of the External Offices.
Interested candidates must submit their applications online at www.eib.org/jobs. The application period for the Programme is 28 January to 28 February 2013/